January is not only the start of a brand new year, but it is also the official start of the Festival season in the Philippines. And what a way to kick off the new year but to visit at least one of the following top 5 January festivals, all happening the beautiful island of the Philippines.
- Ati-Atihan Festival in Kalibo Aklan (January 3-16) – colorful body-painted natives in procession complete with drum-beating sounds. Watch, enjoy, dance and listen to famous Ati-Atihan beat – “hala bira!”
- Sinulog Festival, Cebu (January 7-16) – If you get tired of the festivities in Kalibo and while still in the Visayan region, you might as well visit Cebu and witness the famous Sinulog Festival. The feast is in honor of the Holy Image of Senyor Santo NiÃ±o de Cebu
- Feast of the Black Nazarene, Quiapo Manila (January 9) – With the Philippines very own Vice-President as a devotee who never fails to attend, the feast of the Black Nazarene is one of the most famous feast in Manila. In honor of the image of the Black Nazarene, devotees flock to Quiapo, Manila to pay homage to their patron saint.
- Dinagyang Festival, Iloilo City (January 22-23) -Â Dinagyang is a two-day merry-making festivities in honor of the image of the Sto. Nino of Cebu
- Sto.Nino Festival, Malolos Bulacan (January 30) – The north’s version of the feast of the Sto. Nino. A month long celebration topped by a long procession of drivers with Sto. Nino images
So, plan your travel as early as now. It’s better to reserve bookings and flight earlier than fail to attend those five festivities.
- Getting Around Bohol, Philippines via Wow Bohol Tours
- Weekend Getaway at Bellevue Resort in Panglao Island, Bohol
- The Bellevue Resort, Bohol Philippines
- Puzzle Mansion in Tagaytay, Guiness Book of World Records for the Largest Collection of Puzzles
- Watch the new DOT official It’s More Fun in the Philippines AVP
- ricky volante on Blue Coral Beach Resort in Laiya San Juan Batangas
- ahliyen ramos on Zoocobia Fun Zoo Inside Paradise Ranch in Pampanga
- Look At This on Fontana Water Park, Clark Field Pampanga
- Tet on Fontana Water Park, Clark Field Pampanga
- angelita polecina on Blue Coral Beach Resort in Laiya San Juan Batangas