I first visited Crescent Moon Cafe ten years ago during a planning session of our alumni association. I wouldn’t forget the Cafe’s signature appetizer which is a mixture of various Filipino spices such as grated peanut with sweet sauce, diced onions, ginger, fried shrimplets, Filipino green sili, diced Kamias, shredded coconut, all wrapped in alagao leaves (edible leaves of a plant which has a pungy after taste). That appetizer still taste the same when I visited Crescent Moon recently.
Crescent Moon cafe is owned and managed by Lanelle Abueva-Fernando, daughter of national artists Napoleon Abueva. The place is still the same as ten years ago. The soothing landscape surrounding the cafe still holds the same tranquility and serenity of the place.
Full set lunch meal at Crescent Moon cost P400/head (approx $10) consisting of Pumpkin Soup with coconut meat (Yummy!), Chicken curry (that I swear doesn’t contain any MSG or salt but is tasty nonetheless), Asian noodles (with a bit of sweet taste), Native vegetables, fried fish (tuna and tambakol) and for dessert, Crescent Moons special suman (rice cake) with sweet mango.
It was indeed a great lunch. Simple and yet unforgetably delicious! Crescent Moon is another good reason to take a day visit to Antipolo. Its the perfect place to dine after a soothing and relaxing massage treatment at the nearby Callospa Resort.
How to Get to Crescent Moon
If you are coming from Sumulong Highway, go straight past the Ynares Rotunda. You’ll pass by Unciano Hospital, and Shopwise Antiplo. A few meters away you’ll see Flying V gasoline station which is on the left side of a three forked intersection. Take the right most road a watch out for a Shell station, then the Milagrosa Subdivision. A few meters from the subdivision, you’ll see the Crescent Moon signboard. Take that road, and enter the Crescent Moon compound on the left side of the road.
- Getting Around Bohol, Philippines via Wow Bohol Tours
- Weekend Getaway at Bellevue Resort Bohol in Panglao Island
- The Bellevue Resort, Bohol Philippines
- Puzzle Mansion in Tagaytay, Guiness Book of World Records for the Largest Collection of Puzzles
- Watch the new DOT official It’s More Fun in the Philippines AVP
- ricky volante on Blue Coral Beach Resort in Laiya San Juan Batangas
- ahliyen ramos on Zoocobia Fun Zoo Inside Paradise Ranch in Pampanga
- Look At This on Fontana Water Park, Clark Field Pampanga
- Tet on Fontana Water Park, Clark Field Pampanga
- angelita polecina on Blue Coral Beach Resort in Laiya San Juan Batangas