The sun sparkled and glistened as it rose from the sea. Like the giant ball of fire that it is, the sun lit up the sky. On the surface of the ocean, the reflection appeared as a golden path stretching to the end of the world.
It was 6am and I was in Puerto Galera. I had arrived yesterday evening and decided to wake early. I wanted to see the sunrise.
Despite the fact that the sun rises in every area of the world, the sunrise I witnessed that morning was one to wake the gods. I can’t remember being that moved by a feat of nature for a very long time.
I was on the beach at Badladz Beach Resort, located shortly outside of the main Puerto Galera town.
I came seeking paradise and adventure.
If you caught my drift about the sunrise, I found paradise that morning.
But what about adventure?
Fortunately, there were plenty of adventurous activities to take part in.
I went scuba diving for the first time. It was absolutely unreal, and I mean that in the most literal sense of the word. When you visit the underwater world, you’ll understand what I mean. It feels like another planet, with an array of creatures that you probably never knew existed.
I had a blast as I floated down the Manila Channel, one of the main diving sites in Puerto Galera. I went with the current and saw many outrageous types of fish and sea creatures.
For another exciting activity, I went go karting at the local adventure park. This adventure park was recently featured on TV, so I knew that I had to check it out.
For 500 pesos, you can rent a go kart and race around the track. I had an unreal time and even raced a few friends I’d just met. We zoomed around, through the jungle, on a day of perfect weather.
After the diving and go karting, I went to White Beach, one of the main nightlife areas. With numerous clubs, bars and restaurants, it was a great place to hang out, make friends and dance.
I only stayed for a few days, but I had a fantastic time. I’ll be going back to Puerto Galera again, though next time I’ll probably travel with a big group of friends.
Note: The preceeding post was shared to us by John McIntyre who recently spent a couple of days in Puerto Galera, Mindoro. Thanks John!
- Getting Around Bohol, Philippines via Wow Bohol Tours
- Weekend Getaway at Bellevue Resort Bohol in Panglao Island
- The Bellevue Resort, Bohol Philippines
- Puzzle Mansion in Tagaytay, Guiness Book of World Records for the Largest Collection of Puzzles
- Watch the new DOT official It’s More Fun in the Philippines AVP
- ricky volante on Blue Coral Beach Resort in Laiya San Juan Batangas
- ahliyen ramos on Zoocobia Fun Zoo Inside Paradise Ranch in Pampanga
- Look At This on Fontana Water Park, Clark Field Pampanga
- Tet on Fontana Water Park, Clark Field Pampanga
- angelita polecina on Blue Coral Beach Resort in Laiya San Juan Batangas